Sunday 24 March 2013

I really love the Spellbinders Fancy Lattice™ die

I was looking at my die collection for a card and automatically picked out the lattice die first - at the moment it's my 'go-to' choice and the rest of the card gets built around it.  I have a serious die (especially Spellbinder) addiction which means I can make variations on the same type of card using the various frames
Here's another white on white with a framed aperture.  I had some die-cuts from the docrafts Vintage Lace™ set and the rose was a perfect fit.  The frame is from the Spellbinders Floral Ovals™ - can't remember which embossing folder has all the butterflies (but any background embossing will work).
I started off by putting the white card and the 6x6 card together with an oval die and running both through together - to make sure the apertures line up - and embossed the card.  As the card is wider than the embossing folder, I ran it through twice with the 'join' at the middle of the oval where there's going to be the frame to cover most and the little that is on show is really too small to be noticeable. Then I sandwiched the fancy lattice and a frame of a shiny pink wrapping paper between the card and the card - my, that sounds awkward - still, it hides a multitude of sins and the inside of the card looks clean.  I wrote the greeting on the back of the card so it doesn't show through - I could have used a liner, but I rather liked the shadows against the back of the card.
To match the rose, I punched flowers from scraps of pink card and glitter card, shaped them with a large-balled embossing tool and foam pad ('stir' the middle of the flower and the petals all turn up a treat) and put assorted pink and cream pearl gems in the centres.  I've found the easiest way to glue both the flowers and the non-adhesive pearl gems is to put a small squeeze of pva glue on a foam pad and pick up the flower/leaf/pearl, swipe it across the pad and set  on the card.  One day I'll find a glue that doesn't set in the nozzle the minute my back's turned!

No comments:

Post a Comment