Sunday 10 March 2013

Frames and Flowers

I love building cards up from a base paper with various diecut layers and adding ribbon and lace, but I then have problems finding a focal point to finish off.
These flowers from docraft had been hanging around for ages in the shop, which is a shame as they were so pretty.  I think there is a time for everything and the time for these came several months after they'd been introduced - I bought a couple of packs and, suddenly, they started selling fast.  Almost a shame as I would have bought more, but good for the shop.
Spellbinders Accents and Motifs are very addictive; I have about four sets and am having to resist another set - I don't really need the Venetian set ... but, but, but ... it's so tempting.
I think I'm going to have to practice colouring in stamps for focal points for cards - try to get the shading right.

(I'll show the Mother's Day card I did another week - I don't think it's quite right to show a card when the person I've made it for has only just got it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment