Sunday 3 February 2013

It's February - time for Red and Pink

I love the Memory Box Dies; as the ones I've got tend to be the more delicate and rather fine shapes, it can be a bit tricky to get a good cut, and putting it through again risks the card moving just enough to end up with lots of little bits and no shape!  I use a steel plate behind the die to provide a firm shim which helps - my Cuttlebug plates are well used and slightly bowed - but it still takes a couple of attempts to get it right.

The Memory Box Serafina Heart adds interest to a heart cut-out -  The dies cut glitter card and foil card so I can add bling and texture all in one go.
The Cherish border is exuberant (and the "waste" hearts can be used to embellish the rest of the card); again a delicate die - but so worth it.

I quite like using Label dies to create a cut-out - in this card, the striped card is the background and the heart and the floral paper are set on top rather than having layer on layer on layer.

I love using lace along with ribbons on my cards - I buy lace from my local haberdashery/craft shop (The Thread Emporium in Camberley if anyone lives near).

No comments:

Post a Comment