Tuesday 1 January 2013

Christmas Cards

As usual, with a whole year to think about Christmas cards, I managed to get them out just under the wire!  And, with all the possibilities, ended up with just three main designs.

These were the simple ones:



(This one was a one off - I'd not thought ahead and put the tape in the wrong place so it was easier to make a 4x4 card from it.)

This stepper one I did in two colourways:


To post these, I left the stepper part unfolded and used a C5 envelope - it still used a normal stamp and wasn't going to be too thick.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, Ann. I look forward to seeing more of them - I'm always looking for inspiration for something different too. Do you use stamps very much? As I said on my blog (dormouse.wibsite.com, which isn't my Fat Dormouse blog) I am a definite stamp beginner and need some guidance with this! I'm hoping to take more photos of the cards I make too, so we can share ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been using stamps that much - I need to work on colouring in - especially the shading. On one of the Christmas cards I was using a big background stamp with white embossing powder to give a subtle tone-on-tone effect. I think I need to look at stamping some more as I tend to get a casrd made up to the last bit - and then have to hunt around for a focal point.

    ReplyDelete