Sunday 12 May 2013

Take a second look (and ignore the description on the box)

Often enough, dies are given descriptive names, especially seasonal ones.  If you squint sideways at some of them, they can be used otherwise.  For example, the newish docrafts  Build-A-Scene Vintage Hot Air Balloon, turned upside down, will be a good Christmas bauble later on this year (and the Marianne bauble dies I have would make good balloons).  I have a snowflakey border die which looked far too dynamic for a gentle snowfall.

This was for a friend with a birthday near Fireworks Night.


I used the Memory Box Frostyville Border Die™ because I thought it looked like an exuberant firework display.  I cut it from gold card, coloured the various flourishes and glued it to the front of a stepper card.  I had some deep blue glitter card for a background and rough-cut a border of houses out of black card.  The star/snowflake waste from the die was added to the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment